Infant milestones are skills that children develop as they mature. Early childhood education in Bowie, Maryland provides a way to track a child’s development and ensure they meet the expected milestones for their age.
Here are five key milestones that are typically important for infants:
- Birth to 3 months: Infants will begin to develop basic physical skills such as lifting their heads while lying on their stomachs, grasping objects with their hands, and bringing their hands to their mouths.
- 4 to 7 months: Infants will continue to develop their physical skills, including sitting up with support, rolling over, and reaching for and grasping objects. They will also start developing their language skills, including making cooing and babbling sounds and responding to their own name.
- 8 to 12 months: They begin to crawl and may start to take their first steps. They will also continue to develop their language skills, including saying their first words and beginning to understand simple instructions.
- 12 to 18 months: At this age, they continue to develop their physical skills, including walking independently and climbing stairs. They will also develop their social skills as soon as they also get into a preschool program.
- 18 to 24 months: During this time, toddlers will continue to develop their physical skills, including running and jumping. They will also continue to develop their language skills, and start to understand and follow basic rules.
Nora’s Angels Early Learning Center offers quality care for your infant. We are committed to providing care that meets your baby’s needs.
Childhood is something childcare in Maryland values profoundly, and that is why we attend to every baby’s needs by following their cues in an environment where we promote playful education by singing, quiet reading, and playing.
Leave a Reply