Your energetic, curious, and imaginative little explorers are beginning to test their newfound skills. Therefore, our effective teachers have organized play areas to be safe, secure, warm, and welcoming to children’s interests. For instance, there are areas equipped with materials for quiet play and more active play. Toddlers can play alone or in small groups.
We provide joyful learning opportunities for high interest, songs, stories, rhymes, finger play, games, and laughter, which is very important at this age.
Our Toddler Curriculum Was Created To:
- Support domain-based activities, with safety in mind. The activities are child-centered and intentional, integrated with a special emphasis on socioemotional development, as well as adaptation for special learners and younger learners, and also challenge opportunities for children that may need a little more help.
7 Domains of Learning
- Language & Literacy
From basic sign language to storytime, singing, phonics, and eventually reading and writing
- Social & Emotional
Our daily learning approach will help children learn new skills and experiences that will develop their behavior and relationships
- Social Studies
Learning about self, family, friends, and others
- Mathematical Thinking
Early math experience, problem-solving, and introducing numbers, patterns, and measurements through hands-on learning
- Science & Engineering
Using senses and special technology
- Creative Art
Visual and creative art, stimulating the imagination, and creative thinking
- Physical Development
Encouraging movement, balance, and motor skills – climbing, sliding, and activities with age-appropriate playground and equipment
- Greet Circle (circle time) is incorporated daily, the children are always excited to participate because they get to share their thoughts and ideas, learn to greet each other, know the weather, sing along to songs, take turns, and learn to respect each other’s opinions.
- Outdoor play is a must, depending on the weather.
- Our high-quality program uses developmentally appropriate play that is exciting and fun.
- Significant emphases are placed on modeling appropriate language and behavior to create a respectful environment where trust, self-esteem, autonomy, communication, and teamwork are represented.
- Classrooms are specifically designed by our team of teachers with quality materials and toys that provide children the opportunity to explore their creative, imaginative, and adventure-filled ideas.
- At NAELC, our specially designed curriculum is built to expose children to emergent literacy, music, mathematics, science, art, and sensory and motor skills development.
- Educational experiences are designed to be engaging, age-appropriate, fun, and individualized to meet each child’s needs.
- Each child’s daily experience, newly gained skills, and adventures are documented and communicated to parents through our Brightwheel app. We understand that outstanding communication with parents is an essential part of a quality childcare experience.
- Throughout the day, we support language development through songs, rhymes, books, and consistent communication using sounds, words, and gestures.
- Exploring simulating learning through block play, dramatic adventures, puzzles, math (counting shapes), creative expression, science, and sensory explorations.
- We introduce phonics sounds through songs, as well as fun sight word games and pre-writing skills.
- Learning to use the toilet.
- Daily music and movement experiences.
- Practicing problem-solving strategies.
- Health and safety in the classroom.
A Typical Day For Our Toddlers & Twos
- Arrival (Welcoming families/transition activities)
- Morning snack
- Circle time (songs, stories, movement)
- Organized learning activities (centers)
- Outdoor play
- Good hygiene practices
- Potty use (as required)
- Afternoon snack
- Individualized/ self-selected activities
- Clean up time (clean-up song)
- Ready for pick up activity
Do you have more questions for us about our programs? Send them to us online!